Vehicles, Drivers & Scheduling
- Do the drivers use an app on their phone or is this web/browser based?
- You'll create accounts for each of your Drivers allowing them to log into their account on their phones. Everything about BDP was designed to be used on a mobile device as well as a tablet or desktop computer.
- What should we do if a customer wants to schedule a delivery while in our physical store?
- Orders can be created by an employee using a computer already at your checkout area. Alternatively, a customer may elect to use their own phone with an employee available for questions. You could also consider establishing a BDP-specific tablet/kiosk for on-site ordering.
- Can I combine customer orders with (fee-free) company jobsite deliveries?
- Yes! We've developed an "internal" delivery option that makes it possible to share your schedule between customer orders and your own landscape jobsite deliveries. A number of these can be entered each month free of transaction fees.
- Our large-volume truck is only available on Wednesdays & Thursdays. How would this work?
- We built our system out so that vehicles can be enabled/disabled depending on the day of the week. Once set up, a customer requesting a large volume delivery would only be presented with Wednesday and Thursday time slot options.
- Some days we have multiple drivers on the schedule. How do orders get split up between each person/truck?
- Our "Driver Dashboard" is set up such that each logged in driver can "Assign" deliveries to themselves based on their particular vehicle's capacity and order details.
Pricing & Fees
- Do you have different plans for different sized businesses?
- At this time we offer a single, all-inclusive plan. Whether you do 5 orders a year, or 5000, you'll have access to every feature we offer as well as any/all updates.
- Are there any other transaction fees, besides the BDP service fee?
- Stripe (credit card processor) will take their standard 2.9% + $0.30 on each transaction. The BDP service fee will be in addition to this amount and trends downward as your sales volume increases. See our Pricing page for details.
- Are there any other fees required to use your service?
- No, nothing else is required. However, we strongly suggest that you consider creating/enabling a Twilio account to enable sending customer SMS messages. This allows you to pick a local phone number for delivery-specific messaging.
- How much does it cost to use your Twilio integration?
- Twilio has a pay-as-you-go (2022) pricing model that charges $1/mo for a custom (local) phone number and $0.0075 per message. If you do ~1000 deliveries, a rough estimate would be about $50-60/year (<$5/mo) in SMS & phone number fees.
Orders, Fulfillment & Miscellaneous
- Do I need to stock my own materials, or can I pick up from another vendor?
- You can do all of the above. It makes no difference whether you create/stock your materials or just pick items up from other vendors, or both. Products can be enabled for delivery only on certain days to match vendor availability.
- When customers order from me, what will they see on their credit card statements?
- When you set up your Stripe Account, you'll be able to customize exactly what customers see on their statements. There will be no reference to BulkDelivery PRO.